It’s known as the Oxford comma because it wastraditionally used by printers, readers, and editors at Oxford University Press. Not all writers and publishersuse it, but it can clarify the meaning of a sentence when the items in a list are not single words:
These items are available in black and white, red and yellow, and blue and green.”
Scroll down to see a broad list of reasons why everyone should use of the Oxford comma:
1. Maybe, some of you might like the idea of these strippers
2. Is Rachel Ray a psycho?
3. That’s just weird
4. This person knows how to use the Oxford comma!
5. Please use the Oxford comma so you don’t get arrested!
6. Take in consideration that without the Oxford comma, we would never have the Walken comma
7. You’re welcome
8. Your parents aren’t Ayn Rand and God
9. Seems like Washington and Lincoln are rhinoceroses
10. Apparently Nelson Mandela is an 800-year-old demigod who collects dildos.
11. Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Lawrence are not puppies!!!
12. Who gave birth to Tim Tebow? God and Ms. Trunchbull
13. Without the Oxford Comma JFK and Stalin are strippers
14. Talk about your breakfast or to your breakfast?