3. The mummified head of the first nun ever recorded to be possessed.
4. A Russian spy smiling right before getting executed in Finland, 1942.
5. A hotel owner is pouring acid in the pool as black people swim in it in 1964.
6. Remains found in Herxheim, an ancient city in Germany The city dates back to 7,000 years ago and the human remnants found show clear signs of flesh-stripping, which is a preparation for cannibalism.
7. The body of a frozen Soviet soldier propped up by Finnish fighters to scare off Soviet troops.
8. A picture of the mummified heart of Auguste Delagrange after it was pierced with a stake. Delagrange was a purported vampire and was accused of killing around 40 people. He was killed in 1912.
9. Bizzare and creepy ventriloquist doll.
10. The leg of 92-year-old John Bentley who died of spontaneous human combustion. The fire was confined to the bathroom and made a hole in the floor.
11. Pre-Photoshop fakes showing impossibly large food and animals were incredibly popular on postcards and tongue-in-cheek promotional materials in the early 20th century. Though it’s still pretty impressive they managed to fool people in such a manner in 1937.
12. Horatio Gordon Robley with his collection of preserved Maori tattooed heads, also known as Mokomokai.
13. Loana the Bloodthirster who is believed to have died by drinking her own blood.
14. What a union soldier looked like after surviving the Andersonville Prison Camp.
15. The very last picture of 14-year-old Regina Kay Walters taken by serial killer Robert Ben Rhoades.